- There is an OA Induction coming up August 21-23
- The Chapter is going to continue holding virtual meetings until the Foothills District returns to in person Roundtable Meeting. Our first potential in person Chapter Meeting could be as early as October. As a chapter, it will be our goal to also live stream our in person chapter meetings when we do return to in person meetings for anyone who is no comfortable meeting in person yet.
- The 2021 Lodge Calendar has been posted and is available at: https://aacegwa.org/calendar/
Topic: 7 Principals of LEave No Trace (8/6/20)
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfires
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors
Also, check out these great videos from REI about Leave No Trace!
Don’t forget, part of knowing how to Leave No Trace might involve knowing how to Poop In The Woods.
- Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics-https://lnt.org/
- REI Leave No Trace Principles-https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/leave-no-trace.html
- National Park Service Leave No Trace- https://www.nps.gov/articles/leave-no-trace-seven-principles.htm